Categories of rights owners affected by the Edict
1. Foreign rights owners connected with unfriendly states, including persons who are citizens of those states or are registered, principally do business or principally derive business profits in those states, and persons controlled by those foreign rights owners, including where they are registered or primarily do business in the Russian Federation.
This category does not include foreign persons and persons controlled by them who simultaneously meet the following criteria:
- Their ultimate beneficiaries are the Russian Federation or Russian legal entities or individuals;
- information about control over them has been disclosed by Russian legal entities or individuals to the tax authorities of the Russian Federation.
- It is important to note that the Edict does not apply to rights owners in this category if they duly fulfil their obligations under agreements concluded with debtors.
2. Rights owners that have publicly supported the imposition or extension of political and economic restrictive measures in relation to the Russian Federation, Russian citizens and Russian legal entities or have publicly called for such measures to be taken.
3. Rights owners that prohibited the use of IP assets in the territory of the Russian Federation after 23 February 2022 or imposed a prohibition on such use for one or more legal entities or individuals owing to the implementation of restrictive measures or for other reasons not based on economic considerations.
4. Rights owners that terminated, suspended or substantially restricted the manufacture (supply) of goods, the provision of services and (or) the performance of work in the territory of the Russian Federation after 23 February 2022 owing to the implementation of restrictive measures or for other reasons not based on economic considerations.
5. Rights owners that have engaged in public actions aimed at discrediting the use of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and (or) the exercise by state authorities of the Russian Federation of their powers outside the territory of the Russian Federation for the purposes of protecting the interests of the Russian Federation and its citizens and maintaining international peace and security, or have publicly disseminated deliberately false information about the above under the guise of reliable reports.
6. Rights owners that have disseminated through information and telecommunications networks, including the Internet, information that expresses in an indecent form, insulting to human dignity and public morals, a clear disrespect for the society, state and official state symbols of the Russian Federation, the Constitution of the Russian Federation or bodies that exercise state power in the Russian Federation.